Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 10 minutes
Yield: 4 servings
Half of a large cucumber – cut length wise
2 tablespoons fresh dill, chopped
1 cup purple kale, finely chopped
3 tablespoons olive oil
4 4-6-ounces tuna steaks
1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
Sea salt and black pepper
To make Cucumber Dill Salsa:
1. Scoop out the seeds of the cucumber and dice.
2. Mix cucumber with the dill and kale.
To cook Tuna:
1. Heat a skillet over medium-high heat.
2. Rub oil on tuna steaks and cook for 2-3 minutes on each side.
3. Place tuna steaks on plates and top with cucumber salsa.
4. Keep skillet over medium-high heat and add 2 tablespoons olive oil, vinegar, salt and pepper
5. Let sauce sizzle for a few seconds and then drizzle over fish with salsa.
6. Serve immediately.
Substitute fennel for cucumber or bok choy for kale for a different twist.
Time of cooking tuna will vary due to thickness and preference. Most enjoy tuna medium-rare, leaving
it a bit pink in the middle.
Try My 14 Day Transformation Cleanse Bars!
Packed with protein? Check. No added sugar? Check. Non-GMO? Check. Provides clean-burning fuel? Check. Aids in detoxification? Check. Helps suppress cravings? Check. Contains MCTs? Check. Stash one in your bag or in your desk and you can avoid the vending machine!