Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 30 minutes
Yield: 4 servings
1 tablespoon olive oil
1/2 small onion, diced
1/2 teaspoon cumin powder
1 carrot, rustic cut
1 burdock root, rustic cut
1 cup red lentils
4-5 cups water or stock
A few splashes umeboshi vinegar
Heat oil in a deep pot.
1. Add onion and sauté for 3 minutes.
2. Add cumin and cook, stirring for 30 seconds.
3. Add carrot and burdock and sauté for 3 minutes.
4. Add lentils and water or stock and cook 20 minutes until lentils and roots are soft.
5. Add a few splashes of umeboshi vinegar, stir and taste.