Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 40 minutes
Yield: 6-8 servings
1/2 onion, diced finely
1 carrot, grated
1/2 teaspoons sage or thyme
1 teaspoon sea salt
1 teaspoon olive oil
2 cups lentils, cooked
1 cup millet, cooked
1/2 cup rice, soy, or wheat flour
1/2 cup walnuts, chopped
1. Sauté onions, carrots and spices in oil until soft.
2. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
3. Put lentils, millet and flour into a food processor or blender and mix for 10-20 seconds.
4. If mixture is too dry add water.
5. Add walnuts and egg, blending for another 10-20 seconds and mix well but not pureeing.
6. Add onion and carrot mixture, blend for 10 seconds.
Remove mixture from the blender and put into a bowl. The consistency should be thinner than
cookie dough. If too dry, add a little water and if too wet, add a little flour.
7. On a lightly oiled baking sheet, spoon out medium, scone-sized portions.
8. Serve warm from the oven.
Scones will keep for 1-2 days in the fridge.
Too Busy To Do It Yourself?
Try My Organic Superfood Bars!
No added sugar? Check. Vegan? Check. Non-GMO? Check. Gluten-free? Check. Grain-free? Check. Paleo? Check. Provides clean-burning fuel? Check. Free of common allergens? Check. Helps suppress sugar cravings? Check. Contains MCTs? Check. Stash one in your bag or in your desk and you can avoid the vending machine!
Try My Thank You Bars!
Packed with muscle building whey protein? Check. No added sugar (small amount of stevia)? Check. Non-GMO? Check. Gluten-free? Check. Grain-free? Check. Paleo? Check. Provides clean-burning fuel? Check. Helps suppress sugar cravings? Check. Contains MCTs? Check. Try them refrigerated! Stash one in your bag or in your desk and you can avoid the vending machine!