Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 1 hour
Yield: 8 servings
3 cups water
2 cups lentils
1 medium onion, chopped
1 tablespoon olive oil
2 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 cup fresh cilantro, finely chopped
2 tablespoons tamari soy sauce
1 tablespoon umeboshi vinegar
1. Boil water.
2. Add lentils, reduce heat to simmer and cook uncovered for 40 minutes until lentils become soft
and lose their shape.
3. While lentils are cooking, sauté onion and garlic in olive oil for 10 minutes.
4. Add garlic and continue sautéing another 5 minutes.
5. Remove from heat and set aside with remaining ingredients.
6. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
7. When the lentils are finished, transfer to large mixing bowl and cool in freezer for 10 minutes.
Remove from freezer and add all other ingredients and mix well.
8. Form into patties, 4 inches in diameter and 3/4-inch thick.
9. Place patties on a lightly oiled cookie sheet and cook 10-15 minutes in the oven.
Too Busy To Do It Yourself?
Try My Organic Superfood Bars!
No added sugar? Check. Vegan? Check. Non-GMO? Check. Gluten-free? Check. Grain-free? Check. Paleo? Check. Provides clean-burning fuel? Check. Free of common allergens? Check. Helps suppress sugar cravings? Check. Contains MCTs? Check. Stash one in your bag or in your desk and you can avoid the vending machine!
Try My Thank You Bars!
Packed with muscle building whey protein? Check. No added sugar (small amount of stevia)? Check. Non-GMO? Check. Gluten-free? Check. Grain-free? Check. Paleo? Check. Provides clean-burning fuel? Check. Helps suppress sugar cravings? Check. Contains MCTs? Check. Try them refrigerated! Stash one in your bag or in your desk and you can avoid the vending machine!