Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 45 minutes
Yield: 6 servings
1 tablespoon coconut oil
6 slices of bread
2 cups of washed spinach (packed tight)
5 eggs, beaten well
1/2 block silken tofu
1 teaspoon salt
Prepare the night before:
1. Melt the coconut oil in a 9×13” baking dish.
2. Tear bread in pieces and toss with melted oil.
3. Sprinkle spinach over bread.
4. In a large bowl beat the eggs and combine with silken tofu and salt.
5. Pour mixture over bread and spinach.
6. Cover and place in fridge overnight.
In the morning:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Uncover the casserole and place in oven for 45 minutes.
Slice into pieces and serve.
Try adding your favorite dried or fresh herbs into the egg mixture.
Try sprouted wheat bread.
Check what veggies you have to use up, chop them up and add to the mixture instead of spinach.
Pop the casserole in the oven the first thing when you wake up so you have a great breakfast ready
after your shower and get dressed for the day!
The casserole keeps in the fridge for a few days.