Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cooking Time: 60 minutes
Yield: 4 servings
4 cups black beans, cooked
2 tablespoons cinnamon
2 teaspoons cumin
1 onion, diced
2-3 cloves garlic, minced
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 bell pepper, chopped
1 teaspoon salt
Pinch of cayenne
1/2 cup cilantro, chopped
1. Wash and soak 2 cups of dried beans the night before. Rinse off soaking water, place into pot with 3½ cups of water and bring to a boil. Add cinnamon and cumin.
2. Cover and cook for 1 hour.
3. If you use canned black beans, empty into pot, mix with cinnamon and cumin, keeping about 1 cup of liquid from the can. Cover and cool on medium for about 10 minutes.
4. In a pan, sauté onions and garlic with oil.
5. Mix beans with sautéed onions, raw peppers, a pinch of cayenne and salt.
6. Garnish with cilantro and a wedge of lime.
Try My 14 Day Transformation Cleanse Bars!
Packed with protein? Check. No added sugar? Check. Non-GMO? Check. Provides clean-burning fuel? Check. Aids in detoxification? Check. Helps suppress cravings? Check. Contains MCTs? Check. Stash one in your bag or in your desk and you can avoid the vending machine!