Prep Time: 10 minutes
Bean Soaking Time: 8 hours
Cooking Time: 90 minutes
Yield: 2 servings
1/2 cup dried baby lima beans
1 3-inch piece kombu
1/2 yellow onion
4 cloves garlic
1 tablespoon mirin
1 teaspoon tamari
Salt and pepper to taste
1. Cover the beans with water and soak for 8 hours.
2. Discard soaking water, rinse beans, and place in a pot with kombu and water and cover by 2
3. Boil gently for 1 hour.
4. Meanwhile, sauté onion and garlic in olive oil covered for 10 minutes.
5. Add carrots and continue cooking covered for 10 more minutes.
6. Add onion mixture to the beans.
7. Continue cooking beans for 30 more minutes.
8. Add mirin and tamari, plus salt and pepper to taste.
Try adding fresh herbs near the end of the cooking time, such as thyme or parsley.
Try My 14 Day Transformation Cleanse Bars!
Packed with protein? Check. No added sugar? Check. Non-GMO? Check. Provides clean-burning fuel? Check. Aids in detoxification? Check. Helps suppress cravings? Check. Contains MCTs? Check. Stash one in your bag or in your desk and you can avoid the vending machine!