Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 10 minutes
Yield: 4 servings
1½ cups almond, rice or soy milk
1/4 cup canola oil
1¾ cups oat or whole wheat pastry flour
1/2 cup almonds, finely chopped
1 tablespoon non-aluminum baking powder
1/2 teaspoon sea salt
1. Mix egg, milk and oil in a medium-size bowl.
2. Mix flour, almonds, baking powder and salt into a small bowl.
3. Combine dry ingredients into the wet ingredients.
4. Mix until dry ingredients are moistened.
5. Using a 1/4 – 1/2 cup measuring cup drop pancakes onto a lightly oiled skillet and cook until
golden brown on both sides.
6. Serve warm with maple syrup or honey.
Try 1/2 cup of shredded coconut and/or 1/4 cup malt-sweetened chocolate chips instead of almonds.
Try a little lemon zest, the juice of one lemon (add a little less milk) and 1/2 cup poppy seeds for
lemon poppy seed pancakes.