Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 10 minutes
Yield: 4 servings
1½ cups almond, rice or soy milk
1/4 cup canola oil
1¾ cups oat or whole wheat pastry flour
1/2 cup almonds, finely chopped
1 tablespoon non-aluminum baking powder
1/2 teaspoon sea salt
1. Mix egg, milk and oil in a medium-size bowl.
2. Mix flour, almonds, baking powder and salt into a small bowl.
3. Combine dry ingredients into the wet ingredients.
4. Mix until dry ingredients are moistened.
5. Using a 1/4 – 1/2 cup measuring cup drop pancakes onto a lightly oiled skillet and cook until
golden brown on both sides.
6. Serve warm with maple syrup or honey.
Try 1/2 cup of shredded coconut and/or 1/4 cup malt-sweetened chocolate chips instead of almonds.
Try a little lemon zest, the juice of one lemon (add a little less milk) and 1/2 cup poppy seeds for
lemon poppy seed pancakes.
Too Busy To Do It Yourself?
Try My Organic Superfood Bars!
No added sugar? Check. Vegan? Check. Non-GMO? Check. Gluten-free? Check. Grain-free? Check. Paleo? Check. Provides clean-burning fuel? Check. Free of common allergens? Check. Helps suppress sugar cravings? Check. Contains MCTs? Check. Stash one in your bag or in your desk and you can avoid the vending machine!
Try My Thank You Bars!
Packed with muscle building whey protein? Check. No added sugar (small amount of stevia)? Check. Non-GMO? Check. Gluten-free? Check. Grain-free? Check. Paleo? Check. Provides clean-burning fuel? Check. Helps suppress sugar cravings? Check. Contains MCTs? Check. Try them refrigerated! Stash one in your bag or in your desk and you can avoid the vending machine!