Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 12 minutes
Yield: 4 servings
1 bunch asparagus
2 tablespoons olive oil
Juice of one lemon
1 teaspoon lemon zest
Sea salt and pepper to taste
2 tablespoons freshly grated parmesan cheese (optional)
1. Wash asparagus and break off bottoms.
2. Cut into 1- to 2-inch pieces, on the diagonal.
3. Fill a medium-size saucepan halfway up with water and bring to a boil.
4. Add the asparagus, reduce heat to a simmer and cook asparagus for 2 minutes.
5. In a medium sized bowl combine oil, lemon juice, lemon zest, salt and pepper.
6. Toss asparagus in sauce.
7. Top with parmesan cheese and serve.