Prep Time: 20-30 minutes
Cooking Time: 1 hour
Yield: 8-10 servings
2 cups whole wheat pastry flour or spelt flour
1 cup unbleached white flour
1 tablespoon non-aluminum baking powder
1/4 teaspoon sea salt
1½ cups roasted chopped walnuts
2/3 cup maple syrup
1/2 cup unrefined corn oil
1/4 cup tahini
4 ounces tofu
2/3 cup apple juice, water, rice or soy milk
1 package firm “Mori-Nu” tofu or 10 ounces silken tofu
1/2 cup maple syrup or barley malt
1/2 cup roasted carob powder
1/2 cup almond or hazelnut extract
1. Sift flour into a large bowl.
2. Add baking powder and salt.
3. Add 1 cup nuts (reserve the rest for decorating).
4. Combine syrup, oil, tahini, tofu and juice into a blender.
5. Gradually combine the liquid ingredients into dry until they are mixed well.
6. Transfer into a well-greased 9-inch cake pan.
7. Bake at 350 degrees for 45-50 minutes or until a cake tester comes out clean.
8. Let the cake cool before frosting it.
1. Combine all ingredients into a blender and puree until smooth.
2. Cut the cooled cake in half horizontally.
3. Spread one third of the frosting, raspberry or apricot jam, over the bottom half.
4. Decorate with some chopped walnuts.
Try My 14 Day Transformation Cleanse Bars!
Packed with protein? Check. No added sugar? Check. Non-GMO? Check. Provides clean-burning fuel? Check. Aids in detoxification? Check. Helps suppress cravings? Check. Contains MCTs? Check. Stash one in your bag or in your desk and you can avoid the vending machine!