Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 30 minutes
Finishing the Dish: 5 minutes
Yield: 2 servings
1/2 cup arame
8 ounces tempeh
1/2 small onion, finely diced
1/2 cup water
1/2 cup finely chopped celery, 1 or 2 stalks
2 tablespoons tahini
1 tablespoon ginger juice
1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
Sea salt to taste
1. Rinse arame and soak for 2 minutes.
2. Place tempeh, onion and arame in a pot.
3. Add water and bring to boil, reduce heat to low and cook for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
4. When done cooking drain any excess water through a strainer and transfer to a mixing bowl.
5. Mash with fork.
6. Add celery, tahini, ginger juice and lemon juice.
7. Mix well and add salt to taste.
• For an extra kick, add ½ a diced pear and a few splashes of umeboshi vinegar.
• Use the mashed tempeh to make a sandwich on whole grain bread or use as a filling for a wrap by
putting a scoop inside a collard leaf or sheet of nori and rolling it up.