1. Choose 2-5 of the vegetables listed below.
2. Chop the hardest ones, like carrots and other root vegetables into smaller pieces.
3. Softer vegetable, like onions, can be cut into larger chunks.
4. Add vegetables into a pot in layers. Place the thickest on the bottom. It will cook more than the ones on top.
5. Add about 1 inch of water to the pot and cook until vegetables are soft.
6. Empty vegetables into a large bowl and use leftover cooking water as a delicious sweet sauce.
Any vegetables such as: corn, carrots, onions, beets, winter squash and sweet potato have a deep,
sweet flavor when cooked. Other less known sweet vegetables like turnips, parsnips and rutabaga,
also taste sweet when cooked.