Prep Time: 10 minutes
Marinade Time: 30 minutes
Cooking Time: 30 minutes
Yield: 4 servings
½ cup tamari
2 tablespoons fresh ginger
2 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
2 teaspoons honey
2 teaspoons grated lemon rind
1 pound extra firm tofu, cut into ½ inch slices
½ cup whole wheat pastry flour
Black pepper to taste
2 or more tablespoon olive oil
1. Combine tamari, ginger, lemon juice, honey and lemon rind in a small bowl.
2. Place tofu slices in a single layer in a baking pan and pour marinade over them.
3. Turn to coat.
4. Allow tofu to marinate at least 30 minutes, or up to two hours in the fridge.
5. Remove tofu and reserve marinade.
6. Combine flour and pepper on a plate.
7. Dip tofu slices into flour mixture, turning to coat.
8. Heat oil in a large frying pan.
9. Brown tofu in oil, about 5 minutes per side, adding oil as needed.
10. When all slices are browned, add reserved marinade and simmer 10 minutes.
• Add in some steamed or blanched veggies, such as carrots, cauliflower or broccoli in the last few
minutes of cooking.
Try My 14 Day Transformation Cleanse Bars!
Packed with protein? Check. No added sugar? Check. Non-GMO? Check. Provides clean-burning fuel? Check. Aids in detoxification? Check. Helps suppress cravings? Check. Contains MCTs? Check. Stash one in your bag or in your desk and you can avoid the vending machine!