Prep Time: 10 minutes
Marinade Time: 30 minutes
Cooking Time: 15 minutes
Yield: 4 servings
1 pound firm tofu
2 to 3 tablespoons olive oil
2 tablespoons sesame oil
1 tablespoon ginger juice
1/2 tablespoon tamari soy sauce
1/2 cup brown rice vinegar
1/2 cup toasted sesame oil
1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
2 cloves shredded garlic
1. After draining, cut tofu into 1-inch squares.
2. Combine ginger juice, tamari, vinegar, oil, cilantro and garlic in a medium-sized bowl.
3. Add tofu to marinade and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes or overnight.
4. Heat olive oil and sesame oil in a skillet.
5. Add tofu and quick stir-fry until tofu becomes golden brown.
• Try pressing the tofu 15-60 minutes. This will increase the ability of the tofu to absorb flavor and will
make the tofu crispier. To press tofu, place it in a strainer over a bowl. Cover tofu with a plate and
place a heavy object on top, pressing the tofu.
• To make ginger juice, grate about 2 inches of ginger into a piece of cheesecloth or a dishtowel. Wrap
the cloth or towel around the ginger and squeeze into bowl.