Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cooking Time: 40 minutes
Yield: 4 servings
1 pound firm tofu
¼ cup olive oil
½ cup nutritional yeast flakes
½ cup powdered “unchicken” broth
2 tablespoons fresh parsley, minced
1 lemon, sliced into thin quarter moons
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Cut tofu into 8 slices.
3. Pour olive oil into a soup bowl.
4. Mix yeast and broth in another soup bowl.
5. Make an assembly line from left to right, in this order: tofu, olive oil bowl, yeast-broth bowl,
6. Dip a slice of tofu in the olive oil.
7. Coat the tofu in the yeast-broth mixture.
8. Place the tofu on cookie sheet.
9. Repeat with remaining slices.
10. Bake 30-40 minutes, or until the tofu is golden brown.
11. Garnish with parsley and a lemon slice.
This vegan dish is popular with adults and kids and particularly with people who don’t think they like