Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 20 minutes
Yield: 4 servings
1 cup buckwheat
2 cups water
1/2 teaspoon sea salt
1 small handful of green beans, chopped
1 yellow crookneck or patty pan squash, chopped
1/4 cup roasted sunflower seeds
1. Bring the buckwheat, water and salt to a boil.
2. Turn heat down and simmer.
3. Add beans and squash to the grain after it has cooked 10 minutes.
4. Continue cooking 10 more minutes.
5. Stir in sunflower seeds, fluff and serve.
Try green zucchini or snow-peas instead of green beans.
Try pumpkin or other seed in place of sunflower seeds.