Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cooking Time: 15 minutes
Yield: 4 servings
2 cups water
Pinch sea salt
1 bunch of kale
1. Put water, salt and a steamer basket in a medium-size pot and heat on high.
2. Wash kale.
3. Remove leaves from stems and cut or tear leaves in any size you like. Chop the stems into ½-inch pieces, discarding the bottom as it tends to be tough.
4. When the water is boiling, add the stems to the pot, cover and cook for 1 minute.
5. Add the leaves, cover, lower the heat and steam for another 2-4 minutes. Leaves should be wilted, yet bright green.
6. Carefully remove the steamer basket and transfer kale to a serving dish.
Enjoy the kale plain, or add a little tamari or lemon juice.
Try this same technique with collard greens, bok choy and mustard greens.
Try My 14 Day Transformation Cleanse Bars!
Packed with protein? Check. No added sugar? Check. Non-GMO? Check. Provides clean-burning fuel? Check. Aids in detoxification? Check. Helps suppress cravings? Check. Contains MCTs? Check. Stash one in your bag or in your desk and you can avoid the vending machine!