Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cooking Time: 15 minutes
Yield: 6 servings
8 medium shiitake mushrooms, dried
2 ½ cup boiling water
2 cups mushroom soaking liquid
2 tablespoons soy sauce
2 teaspoons olive oil
1 small onion, thinly sliced
½ dried thyme
2 cups button mushrooms, sliced
3 tablespoons flour
½ cup parsley, finely chopped
1. Place shiitake mushrooms in a bowl and add boiling water, cover and set aside for 30 minutes.
2. Drain mushrooms and reserve soaking liquid.
3. Remove and discard stems from mushrooms and then slice into strips.
4. Take 2 cups of mushroom soaking liquid and add soy sauce.
5. In a medium sauce pan heat oil over medium heat and add onion, cook until golden brown, about
6. Add thyme, button mushrooms, shiitake mushrooms and cook about 4 minutes.
7. Add flour and reserved mushroom liquid.
8. Cook for 5 minutes or until mixture is thickened.
9. Stir in parsley and serve hot.
• This is a great alternative to turkey gravy for vegetarians.
Try My 14 Day Transformation Cleanse Bars!
Packed with protein? Check. No added sugar? Check. Non-GMO? Check. Provides clean-burning fuel? Check. Aids in detoxification? Check. Helps suppress cravings? Check. Contains MCTs? Check. Stash one in your bag or in your desk and you can avoid the vending machine!