Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 15 minutes
Yield: 4 servings
8 dried shiitake mushrooms
6-inch piece kombu
8 cups water
1/2 carrot, thinly sliced
1/2 daikon, thinly sliced
½ pound thin rice noodles
1 tablespoon brown rice vinegar
1 teaspoon tamari
2 scallions, sliced
1. Soak shitakes and kombu in a large bowl and soak for 30 minutes.
2. Remove shiitakes, discard stems, slice caps and add to a pot with 8 cups of water.
3. Bring to a boil and add kombu.
4. Add carrots and daikon and boil for 5 minutes.
5. Add rice noodles, vinegar and tamari and turn heat to low, cooking another 3 minutes until the noodles are soft.
6. Remove the kombu.
7. Serve in soup bowls, garnished with sliced scallions.
• *a simple Japanese stock
Try My 14 Day Transformation Cleanse Bars!
Packed with protein? Check. No added sugar? Check. Non-GMO? Check. Provides clean-burning fuel? Check. Aids in detoxification? Check. Helps suppress cravings? Check. Contains MCTs? Check. Stash one in your bag or in your desk and you can avoid the vending machine!