Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 1.75 hours
5 cloves garlic
1 bunch parsley
Sea salt and black pepper
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. Peel and wash vegetables, cut into chunks (you can leave garlic cloves whole) and spread on a cookie sheet.
3. Drizzle a little olive oil over vegetables and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
4. Roast in the oven for 45 minutes, turning occasionally until everything gets a slightly browned.
5. Remove vegetables from oven and place in a large soup pot with 10 cups of water.
6. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to low and simmer for at least one hour.
7. Strain stock and it’s ready to go!
• After you strain the stock put it back on the stove on low heat for 1 hour or more. It will reduce and
become more concentrated. To store it, pour it into an ice cube tray and freeze it. Then the next
time you need some stock, just pop out a cube or two to flavor your rice or soup.
A great vegetable stock can add incredible flavor to many dishes and is simple to prepare. Try making
it with whatever veggies and herbs you have in your fridge and you’ll figure out which flavors you
prefer. Here is a base recipe to get you started.