Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cooking Time: 25 minutes
Yield: 6 servings
2 cups leftover, cooked rice
1-2 cups coconut water*, rice milk or water
1 cinnamon stick or 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
10 cardamom pods or 1/2 teaspoon ground cardamom
1/2 cup raisins
1/2 cup shredded coconut
2 tablespoons raw honey or maple syrup
1. Place all ingredients in a pot and bring to boil.
2. Reduce heat and simmer, stirring occasionally.
3. Continue cooking until raisins are plump, coconut is soft and most of the liquid has evaporated.
4. Taste and add more sweetener if necessary.
* Coconut water is simply the liquid inside a coconut. You can buy it in the refrigerated drinks section
of the health food store. Also, you can often find fresh young coconuts in the health food store or in