Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 30 minutes
Yield: 8 servings
1 cup quinoa
2¼ cups water or stock
Pinch of salt
1 yellow onion, diced
1 tablespoon olive oil
1/2 cup dried cherries
1 pound spinach leaves
1 cup garbanzo beans, cooked or canned
Juice and zest from 2 oranges
1. Wash quinoa and toast in a dry pan for a few minutes, until it smells nutty.
2. Boil water and add salt and quinoa. Turn heat to low and simmer, covered for 20 minutes.
3. Heat oil in a skillet and sauté onions for 10 minutes on medium.
4. Add cherries, spinach, garbanzo beans and a pinch of salt. Cover and cook 3-5 minutes until spinach has wilted.
5. Mix quinoa together with the other ingredients in a large bowl.
6. Add orange juice and zest and stir gently.
7. Add additional salt and pepper to taste.