Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 30 minutes
Yield: 8 servings
1 cup quinoa
2¼ cups water or stock
Pinch of salt
1 yellow onion, diced
1 tablespoon olive oil
1/2 cup dried cherries
1 pound spinach leaves
1 cup garbanzo beans, cooked or canned
Juice and zest from 2 oranges
1. Wash quinoa and toast in a dry pan for a few minutes, until it smells nutty.
2. Boil water and add salt and quinoa. Turn heat to low and simmer, covered for 20 minutes.
3. Heat oil in a skillet and sauté onions for 10 minutes on medium.
4. Add cherries, spinach, garbanzo beans and a pinch of salt. Cover and cook 3-5 minutes until spinach has wilted.
5. Mix quinoa together with the other ingredients in a large bowl.
6. Add orange juice and zest and stir gently.
7. Add additional salt and pepper to taste.
Try My 14 Day Transformation Cleanse Bars!
Packed with protein? Check. No added sugar? Check. Non-GMO? Check. Provides clean-burning fuel? Check. Aids in detoxification? Check. Helps suppress cravings? Check. Contains MCTs? Check. Stash one in your bag or in your desk and you can avoid the vending machine!