Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 25 minutes
Yield: 2 servings
2 pork chops
Sea salt and pepper
1 teaspoon olive oil
1/2 cup apple cider or apple juice
1 tablespoon kuzu root
dissolved in 1/4 cup water
1. Sprinkle salt and pepper on both sides of pork chops.
2. Heat oil in a skillet on medium high heat and add chops.
3. Brown chops for 2 minutes on each side. There should be some brown bits stuck to the skillet.
4. Remove chops and place into baking dish.
5. Bake in the oven on 350 degrees for 15-20 minutes, until cooked through.
6. Meanwhile, pour apple cider into skillet and use a spatula to loosen brown bits from the bottom of
7. When the juice and pan drippings are just about to boil, stir in the kuzu root mixture.
8. Continue stirring for one minute, until sauce thickens but is still pourable.
9. Remove from heat and set aside.
10. When chops are done, remove from oven.
11. Place on a serving platter and cover with sauce.
Try these with millet mashed potatoes and sautéed cabbage and apples for a complete meal.