Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Yield: 12 servings
6 green plantains
Juice of 6 limes
2 tablespoons coconut oil
1. Peel the plantains and slice very think on the diagonal.
2. Soak the slices in lime juice for 10 to 15 minutes.
3. Dry thoroughly and heat broiler.
4. Toss plantains with coconut oil in a bowl. Make sure oil covers slices. (You may have to heat the oil just a bit so that it is not in solid form.)
5. Place on a baking sheet and put under broiler for 3 to 5 minutes or until golden brown.
6. Flip to the other side and repeat.
7. Store refrigerated in an airtight container once cooled down.
8. They will keep for 1 week.