Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cooking Time: 30 minutes
Yield: 6 servings
1 cup millet
2¼ cups water
1/2 teaspoon sea salt
2 cloves garlic, sliced
1 medium head cauliflower, florets only
1 tablespoon umeboshi vinegar
Salt and pepper to taste
Handful of chopped parsley
1. Wash grains.
2. Bring water to a boil and add grains, sea salt, and cauliflower and garlic.
3. Reduce heat to low and simmer covered for 20 minutes until grains are cooked and water is
4. Turn the heat off and let sit, covered for 5-10 minutes.
5. Add other ingredients and mash with a potato masher or mix in a blender or food processor.
6. Garnish with chopped parsley and serve.
For extra rich and delicious mash, roast garlic cloves in olive oil over low heat while the grains cook.