Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 40 minutes
Yield: 6 servings
1 teaspoon olive oil
1 cup onion, finely chopped
1/2 cup carrot, grated
1 garlic clove, minced
1 cup tomato sauce
1½ pound ground beef, extra lean
1/2 cup whole wheat bread crumbs
1 teaspoon mustard
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2. Mix all ingredients in a bowl with hands, do not over mix.
3. Lightly grease a 6-cup or 12-cup muffin tray and fill with mixture.
4. Place in oven for 40 minutes or until meat thermometer reads 160 degrees.
5. Remove from oven and wait 10 minutes before removing from muffin tray.
Try ground turkey or bison instead of beef.
Use grated beets, chopped spinach or any other vegetable in place of the carrots.
Double the recipe freeze what you do not eat for a fast dinner or lunch.