Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 15 minutes
Yield: 8 servings
1 burdock root
1 small lotus root
1 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
1 tablespoon tamari
1 tablespoon brown rice vinegar
1 tablespoon sesame seeds
1. Wash vegetables.
2. Slice carrot and burdock into matchsticks.
3. Peel the lotus root, slice off the ends and slice into ½-inch thick, half rounds.
4. Heat oil in sauté pan.
5. Sauté vegetables together over medium-high heat, about 3 minutes.
6. Add just enough water to half cover the veggies and cook on medium heat for 5-10 minutes, until most of the liquid has evaporated.
7. Add tamari and rice vinegar and cook another 2 minutes.
8. Remove from heat, plate and add sesame seeds before serving.
Kinpira is a Japanese cooking style that means sautéing and then simmering.
• When purchasing burdock, look for one that is firm, not wiggly.
• If you can’t find fresh lotus root, use organic dried lotus root, which can be found in the Asian foods
section at your local health food store.
Try My 14 Day Transformation Cleanse Bars!
Packed with protein? Check. No added sugar? Check. Non-GMO? Check. Provides clean-burning fuel? Check. Aids in detoxification? Check. Helps suppress cravings? Check. Contains MCTs? Check. Stash one in your bag or in your desk and you can avoid the vending machine!