Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 10 minutes
Yield: 4 servings
1/4 cup macadamia nuts
4 4-ounce halibut fillets (1-inch thick)
Salt and pepper, to taste
1 tablespoons coconut oil
3 tablespoons honey
1. Chop nuts, spread on a cookie sheet, and toast in the oven or in a toaster on 350 degrees until
golden brown, about 5-7 minutes. Check every minute or two and stir or spin tray around to toast
2. Rinse fish and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
3. Heat oil in a skillet.
4. Cook one side of fillet over medium heat for 4 minutes.
5. Flip each fillet and cook for 3 minutes on the other side.
6. While fish is in the pan, spread a layer of honey on each fillet and add a layer of nuts on top.
7. Flip over and cook for 2 minutes and add honey and nuts to the top side.
8. Flip again and cook 2 minutes.
9. Halibut is cooked when the meat is no longer translucent.
10. Remove from heat and serve.
This dish goes great with steamed string beans.