1. All the salad greens should be as fresh as possible.
2. Add as many colors as you can.
3. Combine different tastes: sweet, pungent, bitter and sour.
4. Wash greens in plenty of water, at least two changes.
5. Dry the leaves well (salad spinners are very handy and do the job fast).
6. If you are not using the greens immediately, wrap them in a moist towel or paper towel and store them in a plastic bag in the fridge.
7. To revive wilted greens, soak them in ice water for 10 minutes.
8. Tear the leaves apart with your hands rather than using a knife.
9. Toss the greens with a dressing just before serving.
10. Use only enough dressing to lightly coat the greens.
• The world of salads is endless. There may be as many salads as there are ingredients. Green salads,
tossed salads, composed salads made with grains, noodles and pasta, beans, salads of raw, cooked,
roasted, steamed, marinated vegetables, pressed salads. There are endless possibilities to express
your creativity by combining colors, tastes, textures, flavors, composition, decoration, salad
Fresh salad types: romaine lettuce, Boston, red and green curly lettuce, mesclun mix, radicchio,
arugula, watercress, curly endive, Belgium endive, oak lettuce, escarole, mizuna.
Too Busy To Do It Yourself?
Try My Organic Superfood Bars!
No added sugar? Check. Vegan? Check. Non-GMO? Check. Gluten-free? Check. Grain-free? Check. Paleo? Check. Provides clean-burning fuel? Check. Free of common allergens? Check. Helps suppress sugar cravings? Check. Contains MCTs? Check. Stash one in your bag or in your desk and you can avoid the vending machine!
Try My Thank You Bars!
Packed with muscle building whey protein? Check. No added sugar (small amount of stevia)? Check. Non-GMO? Check. Gluten-free? Check. Grain-free? Check. Paleo? Check. Provides clean-burning fuel? Check. Helps suppress sugar cravings? Check. Contains MCTs? Check. Try them refrigerated! Stash one in your bag or in your desk and you can avoid the vending machine!