Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 35 minutes
Yield: 8 servings
2 cups French lentils
4 cups water
8-inch piece wakame
1 teaspoon dried thyme
1 teaspoon dried rosemary
2 medium parsnips, chopped
8 to 10 dried shiitake mushrooms
2 tablespoons tamari soy sauce
4 cloves diced garlic
1 bunch chopped scallion
1/2 cup chopped fresh basil
2 tablespoons olive oil
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
1/2 cup dried, coarsely chopped chestnuts
1. Wash lentils.
2. Fill a sauce pan with water. Add lentils and wakame and bring to a boil.
3. Add thyme and rosemary.
4. Cover and simmer for 15 minutes over low heat.
5. Uncover and add chopped parsnip.
6. Cover and simmer for 15 more minutes.
7. Soak mushrooms for 3 minutes and cut into quarters.
8. Transfer lentils into a big bowl; add mushrooms, tamari, garlic, scallion, basil, olive oil and black pepper.
9. Mix well and top with chestnuts.