Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 25 minutes
Yield: 4-6 servings
4-6 parsnips, cut into chunks
1 large yellow onion, cut into chunks
½ teaspoon nutmeg
1 teaspoon sea salt
4 cups water
1 cup green peas
1. Place parsnips, onion, nutmeg, salt and water in a pot and bring to a boil.
2. Cover the pot and simmer 20 minutes, or until the parsnips are soft.
3. Using an immersion blender purée soup until very creamy. If necessary add more water to get desired consistency.
4. Add green peas and mix with a spoon.
5. Once peas are heated through, serve in individual bowls.
• Use 2 cups rice or soy milk and 2 cups water for a more silky texture.
• Replace some of the parsnips with carrots.