Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 1.75 hours
Yield: 4 servings
2 ½ pounds skinned chicken (on the bone)
3 long stalks celery
½ bunch scallions
3-inch piece fresh ginger, cut into slivers
Sea salt to taste
2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
1 bunch chopped fresh parsley or cilantro
1. Place the chicken in a pot with enough water to cover it.
2. Cover the pot and bring to a boil over medium-high heat.
3. Add celery, scallion and ginger.
4. Reduce heat and simmer, covered, for 11/2 hours.
5. Remove the chicken, allow it to cool. Pull the meat from the bones.
6. Return chicken to the pot and add salt, lemon juice and parsley or cilantro.
7. Mix well and serve.