Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 30 minutes
Yield: 4 servings
1 medium onion
1 teaspoon sea salt
4 cups water
6-inch piece fresh ginger, juiced
Fresh parsley to garnish
1. Wash, peel and cut carrots and onion into chunks.
2. Place vegetables and salt in a pot.
3. Add water and bring to boil. Cover with a lid.
4. Simmer on low heat for 25 minutes.
5. Transfer soup into blender, adding water if necessary to achieve desired consistency.
6. When blending is done, squeeze juice from grated ginger and add to soup.
7. Garnish with parsley.
• For extra flavor, sauté vegetables before cooking.
• Substitute carrots with squash, parsnip or beets. Squash and beets need 35 to 40 minutes to cook.