Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 32 minutes
Yield: 8-10 servings
1 medium butternut squash
3 teaspoons cinnamon
2 teaspoons nutmeg
2 tablespoons ghee or coconut oil, melted
2 tablespoons almond or cashew butter
½ lemon, juiced
2 tablespoons maple syrup
3-4 apples, chopped
8-10 wooden skewers
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2. Peel and dice butternut squash into about 1-inch cubes.
3. Mix together the spices, ghee or oil, nut butter, lemon juice and maple syrup. Add a bit of water if too thick (should be like a thick dressing).
4. In a bowl, pour 2/3 of the mixture over squash and toss, covering all the pieces evenly.
5. Place squash on a baking sheet and into oven for 20 minutes.
6. Mix apple into remaining sauce mixture.
7. Remove squash from oven and allow to cool for a few minutes.
8. Alternate apple and squash pieces on skewers.
9. Put back into the oven and bake for 15 minutes or until both are soft.
• These are great as an appetizer, dessert or snack.
• They will keep in the fridge for about 3 days.
Try My 14 Day Transformation Cleanse Bars!
Packed with protein? Check. No added sugar? Check. Non-GMO? Check. Provides clean-burning fuel? Check. Aids in detoxification? Check. Helps suppress cravings? Check. Contains MCTs? Check. Stash one in your bag or in your desk and you can avoid the vending machine!