Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Yield: 6 servings
1 small fennel bulb
1 bunch mint leaves
¼ cup balsamic vinegar
1. Place barley, water and salt in a pot.
2. Bring to a boil; reduce heat to low and simmer, covered for 45 minutes.
3. Wash arugula and chop into small pieces.
4. Place sunflower seeds on a cookie sheet and toast for 5 minutes in a 350-degree oven, being careful not to burn them.
5. When the barley is cooked, transfer to a large mixing bowl, add all ingredients and mix well.
6. Add salt and pepper if desired.
This salad is famous for converting non-beet eaters into beet lovers!