Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cooking Time: 60 minutes
Yield: 6 servings
1 cup barley
2 cups water
1/2 teaspoon sea salt
1/8 teaspoon turmeric
3/4 teaspoons cumin seeds
1/2 bunch fresh mint, chopped
1/2 small red onion, chopped
2 tablespoons lemons juice
2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
1. Wash grains. Bring water to boil.
2. Add barley, salt and turmeric.
3. Reduce heat to low and simmer covered for 45 minutes or until grains are cooked and water is
4. Fluff with a fork and let sit covered for 10 minutes.
5. Toast the cumin seeds in a dry skillet until they turn golden brown and their aroma comes out,
about 3 minutes.
6. Transfer grains to a large bowl, add remaining ingredients and mix gently.