Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 1 hour
Yield: 8 servings
1 cup hulled barley
2 ¼ cups water
¼ teaspoon sea salt
2 bunches arugula
½ cup sunflower seeds
1 carrot, chopped
½ bunch scallions, finely chopped
2 tablespoons olive oil
Juice of 1 or 2 lemons
1. Place barley, water and salt in a pot.
2. Bring to a boil; reduce heat to low and simmer, covered for 45 minutes.
3. Wash arugula and chop into small pieces.
4. Place sunflower seeds on a cookie sheet and toast for 5 minutes in a 350-degree oven, being careful not to burn them.
5. When the barley is cooked, transfer to a large mixing bowl, add all ingredients and mix well.
6. Add salt and pepper if desired.
Try My 14 Day Transformation Cleanse Bars!
Packed with protein? Check. No added sugar? Check. Non-GMO? Check. Provides clean-burning fuel? Check. Aids in detoxification? Check. Helps suppress cravings? Check. Contains MCTs? Check. Stash one in your bag or in your desk and you can avoid the vending machine!