Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cooking Time: 30 minutes
Yield: 2-3 servings
½ cup arame
1 teaspoon mirin
1 teaspoon sesame oil
2-3 shallots, diced
2 cups button mushrooms, thinly sliced
1 carrot, sliced into matchstick-shape pieces
3 stalks broccoli, florets and stems diced
2 tablespoons sunflower seeds, lightly toasted
1. Rinse arame well and set aside. It will soften in a few minutes without soaking.
2. Place arame in a small saucepan with enough water to cover halfway.
3. Bring to a boil, cover and cook over low heat for 15 minutes.
4. Season lightly with shoyu and mirin and cook until all the liquid has been absorbed. Heat the oil in a skillet over medium heat.
5. Add the shallots and cook, stirring until translucent, about 5 min.
6. Add the mushrooms and cook, stirring until wilted.
7. Add the carrots and cook stirring, for 1-2 minutes.
8. Finally, stir in broccoli and season lightly with shoyu. Cover and cook over low heat until broccoli is bright green, crispy and tender, about 4 minutes.
9. Stir in arame and sunflower seeds.
10. Transfer to bowl and serve warm.