Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 40 minutes
Yield: 2 servings
1-1 3/4 pound Cornish game hen, halved lengthwise
2-3 apples, peeled and diced
1 cup cranberries (fresh or frozen)
1/2 cup apple juice or cider
1/2 cup maple syrup
2 twigs fresh rosemary, left whole
2 teaspoons curry
sea salt and freshly cracked pepper
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. Sauce: combine the apples, cranberries, maple syrup, apple juice, curry and rosemary twigs in
saucepan over medium-high heat. Stir frequently, blending all ingredients and bring to boil.
3. Decrease heat to low, cover saucepan and simmer, stirring frequently, until the apple pieces are
soft and berries break open and release their juice. This will take about 8-10 minutes.
4. To prepare the hen: Rinse the halves and pat dry with paper towels. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
Place the hen with rosemary twigs underneath, skin side up, on a foil covered baking sheet.
Cover each hen half with sauce, coating generously.
5. Roast hen halves until golden and juices run clear, about 25 minutes.
6. Add juice from roasting to the sauce and bring to boil once again, then reduce and simmer for
about 3 minutes.
7. Transfer hen to plates. Serve with sauce and use rosemary twigs as a garnish.