Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 1 hour
Yield: 4 servings
1 pound winter squash (kabocha, butternut)
1 ½ cups aduki beans, soaked
3 inches seaweed (kombu or wakame)
5 cups of water
1. Peel and cube squash into 2-inch squares (can leave skin on if edible).
2. Place washed beans and seaweed into pot. Add water and bring to boil. Cover and simmer for 30 minutes.
3. Uncover and add squash cubes. Cover and simmer for 30 more minutes.
4. Uncover, add sea salt and stir until water evaporates.
• Try with roots like carrot, parsnip and turnip. These roots don’t need more than twenty minutes to
cook with beans.