Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cooking Time: 15 minutes
Yield: 4 servings
2 cups water
Pinch sea salt
1 bunch of kale
1. Put water, salt and a steamer basket in a medium-size pot and heat on high.
2. Wash kale.
3. Remove leaves from stems and cut or tear leaves in any size you like. Chop the stems into ½-inch pieces, discarding the bottom as it tends to be tough.
4. When the water is boiling, add the stems to the pot, cover and cook for 1 minute.
5. Add the leaves, cover, lower the heat and steam for another 2-4 minutes. Leaves should be wilted, yet bright green.
6. Carefully remove the steamer basket and transfer kale to a serving dish.
Enjoy the kale plain, or add a little tamari or lemon juice.
Try this same technique with collard greens, bok choy and mustard greens.