Prep Time: 15 minutes
Yield: 4 servings
1½ lbs salmon filets, skin and bones removed, cut into 4 pieces
1/2 medium sized onion, chopped
2 medium cloves garlic, chopped
2 tablespoon + 2 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
1½ cups fresh orange juice
1 teaspoon fennel seeds
2 tablespoon minced fresh parsley, or if you have it, green fennel tops
salt and white pepper to taste
1. Preheat broiler and place a stainless steel or cast iron skillet under broiler for about 10 minutes to
get it very hot.
2. Chop onions and garlic and let sit for 5 minutes to enhance their hidden health-promoting
3. While skillet is heating, place chopped onion, garlic, fennel seeds, 2 tablespoon lemon juice, and
orange juice in a shallow, wide saucepan and cook on high heat for about 10-15 minutes to reduce
to half the volume.
4. Season salmon pieces with 2 teaspoon lemon juice, salt and pepper and place on hot pan from
broiler. Return pan to broiler (approximately 5-7 inches from heat) and broil salmon for about
7 minutes depending on thickness (10 minutes per inch of thickness). Do not turn, as salmon is
cooking on both sides at once.
5. Remove salmon from pan, and place on platter. Season citrus sauce with salt and pepper and
strain liquid over salmon. Sprinkle with finely chopped parsley.
Try My 14 Day Transformation Cleanse Bars!
Packed with protein? Check. No added sugar? Check. Non-GMO? Check. Provides clean-burning fuel? Check. Aids in detoxification? Check. Helps suppress cravings? Check. Contains MCTs? Check. Stash one in your bag or in your desk and you can avoid the vending machine!