Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 24 hours, unattended
Yield: 4-6 servings
1 ripe pineapple
3 whole cloves
4-5 slices of peeled ginger root
2 pints boiling water
agave nectar to taste
1. Peel the pineapple thickly and reserve the flesh for use in another dish.
2. Crush the slices of ginger and thinly slice the limes.
3. Place the pineapple peel, ginger, limes and whole cloves in a large bowl.
4. Pour boiling water over the mixture, cover and allow to steep for 24 hours.
5. Strain the liquid, discarding the pineapple peel, limes and spices.
6. Dissolve agave nectar to taste, and serve chilled with a garnish of sliced lime.