Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cooking Time: 45 minutes
Yield: 4 servings
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 yellow onion, sliced into strips
4 chicken breasts cut into 2-inch chunks
1/2 teaspoons turmeric
2 cloves minced garlic
1/2 teaspoon powdered ginger
1/2 teaspoon powdered cinnamon
1/2 cup water
10 pitted prunes
1 tablespoon toasted sesame seeds (optional)
1/2 cup parsley, chopped (optional)
1. Heat olive oil in a deep pan and sauté onions on low heat until translucent, about 10 minutes.
2. Add chicken, spices and water to pan.
3. Cover and cook over medium heat 30 minutes.
4. Chicken should be cooked all the way through but should not be dried out. (Cut a piece open to
5. Add prunes and cook another 5 minutes, until they get soft and saturated with juice.
6. If desired top with toasted sesame seeds and chopped parsley.