Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cooking Time: 40 minutes
Yield: 4-6 servings
1 teaspoon olive oil
1 medium onion, chopped
1 clove garlic, minced
1 cup millet, rinsed
3 cups boiling water or vegetable stock
½ pound firm tofu
1 cup mustard greens, chopped
1 tablespoon tamari
Cayenne pepper, as desired
1. Heat oil in a pot.
2. Add onions and garlic and sauté for 3 minutes.
3. Stir in millet and fry until millet is lightly colored.
4. Pour boiling water or stock over millet, cover pot, lower heat and cook on medium-low 20-30
minutes or until liquid is absorbed.
5. Allow millet to cool briefly.
6. Combine cooked millet, tofu, mustard greens, tamari and cayenne in a food processor.
7. Process until desired consistency is reached.
8. Spread mixture on a baking sheet and chill thoroughly.
9. Preheat broiler. Cut mixture into 8 squares.
10. Broil on each side until golden brown.
Try My 14 Day Transformation Cleanse Bars!
Packed with protein? Check. No added sugar? Check. Non-GMO? Check. Provides clean-burning fuel? Check. Aids in detoxification? Check. Helps suppress cravings? Check. Contains MCTs? Check. Stash one in your bag or in your desk and you can avoid the vending machine!