Prep Time: 15 minutes
Yield: 10 servings
1 ½ cups packed pitted, soft dates
1 cup warm water
1 cup raw cashews
1/3 cup gluten free rolled oats
1/3 cup MCT Lean chocolate vegan protein blend
1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1 tablespoon melted coconut oil or MCT Lean MCT oil
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/4 teaspoon sea salt
1. Line a 9 by 5 inch loaf pan with press & seal and grease the pan with coconut oil.
2. Combine the dates and warm water in a small bowl. Let stand for 5 to 10 minutes until fruit is soft. Drain and pat dry with paper towels.
3. Place the cashews and oats in a food processor and process until finely chopped but not a paste.
4. Add the drained dates, protein powder, cocoa powder, coconut oil, vanilla and salt.
5. Process, using the on/off pulses until the dates are finely chopped and blended and the mixture begins to stick together and clump on the sides of the bowl.
6. Transfer the mixture to the prepared pan.
7. Place a piece of parchment paper or wax paper atop the bar mixture and use it to spread and flatten the mixture evenly in the pan; leave the wax paper to cover.
8. Refrigerate minimum of 1 hour until firm.
9. Using the liner, lift the mixture from the pan and transfer to a cutting board. Uncover and cute into 10 bars (or so).
10. Stays fresh for 1 week in the refrigerator and 3 months in the freezer. Store in air tight container.