Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cooking Time: 10 minutes
Yield: 4 servings
1 cup hijiki
1 cup mung bean sprouts
1 clove garlic, pressed or minced
1 tablespoon tamari
1 tablespoon olive oil
2 cups water
1. Wash and soak hijiki, for about 20 minutes.
2. Heat oil with garlic and tamari for 2 minutes.
3. Drain hijiki and sauté for 2 more minutes.
4. Add water, cover and simmer for 5 minutes.
5. Add mung bean sprouts, mix and stir for a few minutes.
6. Remove from heat and serve.
Try different sprouts, such as chickpea or crunchy mixed sprouts.