Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 20-30 minutes
Yield: 4 servings
Try any of these vegetable combinations to create a simply delicious soup: carrot, parsnip, celery,
winter squash, yam, ginger, broccoli, onion, cauliflower daikon radish, leek, carrot, mustard greens,
shitakes, onion, kale, cabbage or rutabaga.
1. Use one of each vegetable.
2. Cut all veggies to roughly the same size, around 2-inch chunks.
3. Place chopped veggies in a pot with water just covering them.
4. Bring to a boil then lower to simmer.
5. Cook until a fork inserts smoothly into each vegetable, probably about 20 minutes.
6. Add your favorite condiments.
7. Eat as is or purée in a food processor, blender or with a hand mixer.
• Garnish with parsley and scallion.
• To add richness to soup, sauté one medium onion and add to water before cooking.